I understand everybody's disappointment that we're not allowed to reveal the date of HK's release. I will say that we've had a very solid release date for many months and that we plan on meeting that date.So it seems like HK is today.
As a reward for your patience... here's an image from one of our dungeon team white boards.
- Flowing River - 20 Inscribed Sourcestones (Mercurial Savants)
- Woodland Hunt - 20 Inscribed Sourcestones (Students of the Vale)
- Rushing River - 20 Inscribed Sourcestones (Mercurial Savants)
- Grave Rites - 20 Inscribed Sourcestones (Grim Disciples)
- Necrotic Rites - 20 Inscribed Sourcestones (Grim Disciples)
- Shade Slice - Drop from Death Raid Rift
- Final Cut - Drop from Death Raid Rift
As a result, Cleric instant/reactive heals are getting shitcanned. Finally. I think the way they are doing it is stupid, though. Heals will be normal until the player enters PvP, then many of his heals are nerfed.
Clerics in PvP
- All instant and reactive heals reduced in PvP only.
- Barb of Shackles (Templar) removed. Replaced with...
- Nysyr's Brand (1o point Templar root). Increases target's chance to be crit and prevents stealth for 30 seconds. Eat shit Assassins. Blahaha.
Seriously, it does seem strange to single out stealthers in this way, but whatever. Anway, the healing nerf is stupid for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that new players won't understand why their heals start to suck when another player attacks them. It will amount to a Fell Blades-style debuff for all classes in PvP. Kinda... clumsy.
I also don't think that Healing clerics need this much of a nerf. It's pretty OP for hybrids to heal out the wazzoo, but pure healers should be able to have a few instants at their disposal, especially self-heals. I think this patch goes too far.
Also Dominators are finally getting a good old fashioned nerfing. They were way overpowered, as I mentioned weeks ago.
- Split Personality damaged reduced
- All energy/power drains reduced by about 50%
- Transference no longer completely prevents energy/power regen
Dominators will still be good, but you might actually see a mage or two with a different spec. Gasp. Drama.
If you want to see my thoughts on the viability of rogue builds in 1.4 and the general outlook for rogues, check my post from a couple days ago.
- Impale now increases Final Blow by 30% instead of 8%. This amounts to a 20% increase in an already hard-hitting ability.
- Anathema now works exactly like Fell Blades. Because Assassins did not get Fell Blades, this amounts to a huge buff to Assassin, as they now get a much-improved healing debuff with the same cookie-cutter spec.
- Dusk to Dawn - that pesky problem where it didn't work if the target was immune to snare is now fixed.
- Nightrage - When you use Dusk to Dawn you get a 1m buff called Nightrage, which increases your Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust damage by 40%. Bear in mind that Blazing Strike already gets 30% extra damage when a target is below 30% and the new set bonus gives it another 30% all the time. Get ready to one-shot everyone for 2 days until they nerf it. Except Assassins, who will kill you in stunlock.
- Fell Blades - It appears that this ability will now be redundant with Anathema. If so, you won't use it anymore, since Anathema can't be dispelled. You would instead just use Molten Blades, I guess. This means that healers will be significantly more effective against you, which won't be a big deal until they nerf Nightrage and you can't one-shot them anymore.
- Any stun/disable effect will interrupt someone trying to capture a flag, even if they are immune to the effect. This is especially annoying with rogue Lost Hope as they can spam it at range from stealth indefinitely in a place like Vault.
- Similarly, clerics can cast Circle of Oblivion on the flag while being out of line of sight. This likewise needs a fix.
- Dominator Split Personality scales far, far too well with gear. The dominator soul is extremely powerful, with the ability to crush and/or disable entire groups on their own. The extra damage from the Split Personalities is much too high. In 750 valor, these pets crit me for upwards of 700 damage each.
- 100 Hit for T2s
- All T1 blue or better gear
- 200-220 Hit for Raids
- Weaponating your Weapon slots
- Buy at Wyrmbane Spire (requires Decorated with Dragonslayers): Drake Scale Choker for +26 hit
- Run Chamer's Caldera (CC) at least once (preferably before 50) to complete the quest and get: Wind-Touched Mace for +26 hit
- Buy at Zareph's Return (requires Decorated with Mathos): Sapphire Studded Mathosian Band x2 for total of +40 hit
- Crafted: Spined Compound Bow with augment. +30 hit
- Crafted: Wayward Breeches with augment. This is equivalent to T2 leg.
- Get your 6-slot Sigil/Core and throw some cheap level 40+ lessers in there with dex/crit. Get as many Agile Reflex as you can afford, and fill the rest with whatever is on the AH. Put lessers in your greater slots. Greaters are bad.
- OPTIONAL Crafted: Sword of the Order or Callous Blade. +25 hit. Only do this if your weapon is particularly bad.
- Your DPS role should be ranged saboteur. This will allow you to crush the DPS meters while having maximum awareness to not stand in fire and do other stupid crap that will make people hate you. The rotation is 5x Shrapnel > Detonate, 5x Spike > Detonate. Cake.
- Your support role should be raid bard. Focus on learning to be a good bard, keeping Motifs active, group healing, timing cooldowns and not dying.
Since the patch I seem to be having a problem with intermittent pulls when prestacking my 5 bombs prior to pull.I'm using the 44/20/2 sabo/assasin/ranger build and I have made two macros to use specifically to load bombs pre pull that I "thought" were supposed to force melee auto-attack mode and make sure that ranged auto attack did not kick in. Macros are:/cast Spike Chargestartattackand/cast Shrapnel Chargestartattackbut it seems like every now and again when I'm stacking bombs or even when I just click on the boss I seem to pull.Never noticed this pre-patch, and I've never "seen" an arrow from me, but others say they have, and its clear i'm occassionaly pulling somehow. Others having isssues or am I just special.