As a result, Cleric instant/reactive heals are getting shitcanned. Finally. I think the way they are doing it is stupid, though. Heals will be normal until the player enters PvP, then many of his heals are nerfed.
Clerics in PvP
- All instant and reactive heals reduced in PvP only.
- Barb of Shackles (Templar) removed. Replaced with...
- Nysyr's Brand (1o point Templar root). Increases target's chance to be crit and prevents stealth for 30 seconds. Eat shit Assassins. Blahaha.
Seriously, it does seem strange to single out stealthers in this way, but whatever. Anway, the healing nerf is stupid for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that new players won't understand why their heals start to suck when another player attacks them. It will amount to a Fell Blades-style debuff for all classes in PvP. Kinda... clumsy.
I also don't think that Healing clerics need this much of a nerf. It's pretty OP for hybrids to heal out the wazzoo, but pure healers should be able to have a few instants at their disposal, especially self-heals. I think this patch goes too far.
Also Dominators are finally getting a good old fashioned nerfing. They were way overpowered, as I mentioned weeks ago.
- Split Personality damaged reduced
- All energy/power drains reduced by about 50%
- Transference no longer completely prevents energy/power regen
Dominators will still be good, but you might actually see a mage or two with a different spec. Gasp. Drama.
If you want to see my thoughts on the viability of rogue builds in 1.4 and the general outlook for rogues, check my post from a couple days ago.